Have you ever had your heart set on a certain food and then you arrive at the place salivating and that food is not there? My heart was broken last week – in the cold rain, no less – while searching for snack for Sunday school so I was being sort of holy... (Can you hear the violins playing in the background signifying my sorrow and woes? A teardrop falls...) Empire Baking Company used to serve delicious chocolate chip cookies with macadamia nuts. I must have been their only fan because they have stopped. My kids are fine with that because the M&M cookies are still available. I love the crisp, clean crunch of a macadamia nut. I used the basic Tollhouse cookie recipe (yep, the one on the back of the semi-sweet morsels bag), chopped macadamia nuts with my nut chopper, stirred and baked.
- As a kid, my mom would make Brussels sprouts for dinner. My dad cheerily would say “can you feel the vitamins coursing through your veins?” Ummmno.
- Jennifer Laws We let's see. I have an amazing husband, David and 5 kids. Monte, 15, Lauryn, 13, Ryne, 8, Meghan,5 and Deats, 4. I own my own bakery and spend.
In the words of Cookie Monster: 'Me want cookie! Me eat cookie! Om nom nom nom.'
The Big Bang Theory - 1. Sheldon: 'When last we spoke, you said you needed time.' Amy: 'It's only been 11 hours.' Sheldon: 'The Lord of the Rings trilogy was nearly 11 hours.
|Chocolate Chip Cookies |
with Macadamia Nuts
- 2 ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ C sugar
- ¾ C packed brown sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 C Nestle® Toll House® semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 C chopped macadamia nuts (yes, you can use any type of nut or no nut at all)
Place ingredients 4-7 in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well into the mixture. Gradually and slowly (so as not to create a dust storm) beat in ingredients 1-3. Pour in chocolate chips and nuts and stir.
Cookie Me_are_cool Jar
(I like to refrigerate the dough for at least 5 minutes – the colder dough rolled into a ball tends to create thicker cookies).
Spoon about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown (mine take 14 minutes since they are cool from the ‘frig and are in a ball).
Cookie Me_are_cool Cupcake
I miss the cookies, Empire, but you still make the best challah in town.